Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Q & A / Bolts and Extractors
« Last post by dsdiprima on September 02, 2022, 01:56:36 PM »
I have purchased bolts and extractors from Rick Morton.  I have attached a video showing how well these items work in my RG&G Gatling gun.  The ammo is loaded, fired and extracted with any problems.  Rick has some great products. My suggestion is... contact Rick Morton for quality parts.
Thanks,
Dennis   

Go to YouTube to view this video of the bolts and Extractors in action.  https://youtu.be/pw1h-mPLRjk
General RGG Guns/ Homebrew gats / Re: Wanted extractors
« Last post by Richard Morton on July 05, 2022, 11:15:32 PM »
Message me if you still are looking for them.  I have a good quantity.  I posted them for sale here.

-richard morton
General RGG Guns/ Homebrew gats / New Source for Gatling Gun drawings
« Last post by Richard Morton on May 29, 2022, 09:24:14 PM »
Hi,

So I created an RG-G compatible Fusion 360 model.  It's complete as to the gun and optional bolts.  No carriage.  In my opinion, many of the drawing errors from the RG-G plans have been addressed though just as certain likely made a few new ones.  I have been trying to run down any of Paul's family to see if the rights or materials are obtainable, and so far, all I have accomplished is crickets.  I am not even really sure about how Paul's copyright might extend to my Fusion model or not. 

Here is the question, I would like to know how much interest there is in keeping these guns alive?  Is there a market that might offset some of the time I have invested in the Fusion model and the added time I would have to invest some time and energy in making the 2d drawings?  I'm a bit skeptical there is enough interest judging by the response for my version of Cutter's bolts.  (Despite that, I'm working on reproducing the Gary Bull Ejectors and should have some in the near future.)  Please respond and let me know your thoughts so I can arrive at some decisions about proceeding or not.   

BTW.  Regardless of how this post turns out, I hope you all have a solemn and memorable Memorial Day day to remember America's fallen heroes.

Richard
Progress / Final assemble of one-piece bolt
« Last post by Richard Morton on May 06, 2022, 10:15:44 AM »
This video is a poor attempt to show the final assembly of the re-imagination and final assembly of the cutter's one-piece bolt.  The video is in portrait mode and it should have been landscape and there is some out a frame but oh well... Just add video improvement to the long list of skill improvements I need to undertake.  Non-expert for sure so criticize freely.  Will try the video again and repost if better...   https://photos.app.goo.gl/BTz2Uu3GaQwvdzWH8

Ps.  the ejector, ejector pin, and hammer are all Gary Bull's work (RIP Gary) so at least this demonstrates interchangeability between the specs he used for his parts and the finished bolts of mine.
For Sale / Wanted / Trade / Original RG-G extractors
« Last post by Richard Morton on April 29, 2022, 11:08:56 PM »
I have about 40 extractors as per plan 48-20,  These fit the made-up bolt body + recoil pin silver soldered together.  They are complete and ready to use dimensionally all within tolerance per plan.  Any interest?
For Sale / Wanted / Trade / Re: RG-G compatible bolts for sale
« Last post by Richard Morton on April 19, 2022, 10:52:05 AM »
A few more images including a short video using one of Cutter's original blanks as a comparison.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/4aXDDABHtFoZwwjcA
Break Room / Re: Ghost Gatlings?
« Last post by DonV on April 11, 2022, 06:31:03 PM »
The ATF regs that have been out for review on this ghost gun thing say that an FFL gunsmith should add a serial number to any gun that comes to them that does not already have one, and they suggest a format including part of their FFL number and some unique identifier/serial number. I now use the FFL snip, my initials and a serial number of things I build. That said, I put a simpler version (Initials and serial number) on my GG, stamped into the breech casing on the bottom by the oscillator slide and also engraved onto the casing side rails.
Don
Q & A / RGG Cartridge Guide
« Last post by DonV on April 11, 2022, 06:14:47 PM »
I finally have my RGG based GG complete and together, and am in the "tune-up/make it work" phase. I just about have it firing every barrel every time, extracting and ejecting....YEA! Only been working on this thing for 15 years of so.

I'm seeing a little feeding problem I'd like to ask about. Feeding .22 LR from the stick mag and cranking slowly, occasionally a round will "lift up" from the bolt carrier channel between the 12:00 and 3:00 position. It's therefore no longer aligned with the chamber, and the base is up against the extractor face, essentially making it worse. I'm thinking one solution might be a curved strip of spring steel that holds the rounds down into the channel until the bullet gets far enough into the chamber to ensure alignment for the rest of the feed cycle. Another idea would be a block on the inside of the curved magazine base doing the same thing. Anyone had the problem, figured a solution?

Don Verdiani, Westtown, PA
For Sale / Wanted / Trade / Re: RG-G compatible bolts for sale
« Last post by Richard Morton on April 08, 2022, 04:20:04 PM »
Making some little wrenches to go along with the bolt caps.
For Sale / Wanted / Trade / RG-G compatible bolts for sale
« Last post by Richard Morton on March 29, 2022, 08:52:09 AM »
Fifty, one-piece bolts from 303 SS are for sale.  Based on Cutters' bolt and these would not have been possible without this help.  These are dimensionally RG-G ready and await the internal machining (firing pin hole, extractor slot, and details, and pivot hole for extractor and recess for firing pin. springs, extractor, firing pin, and hammer not included.  $65 each, bolt caps are $10 each.   

Fully completed bolts less spings, extractor, firing pin, and hammer.  $95 each.  Bolt caps are $10 each. Extractor spring $1.50 each, Hammer spring $1.50 each.  Limited quantity and no concrete plans to run more than this batch of fifty partial and fifty fully machined bolts.  Note on 6-24-2022 revised pricing.  Dimensions per drawing.  More info (630) 325-2022.  Two sets have been sold, so there is a little life left in the RGG gun builders world!

Now have extractors made from 1095 available. depending on the slot you may need to touch them up with a stone as the 1095 I had was at the high end of the tolerance range.  a minute or two is all that it takes on a fine stone.  Video of them in the bolts cycling rounds coming soon.  $2.50 each. These will fit Cutter's original one-piece bolts.

As of 3-25-2023 all complete bolts have sold or are spoken for.  I do have about 5 sets of the unfinished bolts sans the ejector slot and spring pocket, pivot hole, and firing pin hole.  These operations can be done on almost any mill with some careful setup and operation with the firing pin being the most challenging.  I do not intend to make any more.  If I get enough pre-orders I would consider completing the unfinished bolts I have, but the lead time will be a few months.

Updated pricing 3-1-2024
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10