Author Topic: Break the silence !  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Sparky_NY

Break the silence !
« on: April 04, 2021, 06:51:42 AM »
Come here every day and check for activity but its been a month since anyone posted anything.    I had to break the silence !!

I have been working on everything but gat guns of late.    Latest project is a solar electric setup.     Before that, I was working on the Bruce Feed magazine for my .357 gat,  I 3d printed some of the pieces and tested functioning,  seems good so far.   

I also a few months ago added one of those Chinese high speed spindles to my bridgeport cnc as a auxiliary spindle.    Its 24,000 rpm and 2hp with a ER16 nose.    The driving force to do it was to make a medallion for the gat gun at some point plus it gives me the ability to efficiently run those real tiny endmills and engraving bits.   I made a mount that clamps around the quill of the bridgeport at the bottom to mount it.    Very happy with the results.     I attached a pic of my very first try with it, roughed with a 1/8 endmill and finished with a 1/16 ball.

Offline Roller

Re: Break the silence !
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 07:59:50 AM »
Very impressive Sparky, looks like you're keeping busy!

Frank

Offline Sparky_NY

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 06:53:39 AM »
Yea, Roller,   too many projects not enough time.   All self inflicted of course !

Anyone heard from Cutter lately?      I really miss his techie posts.

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 08:58:14 PM »
Im still here, small health problem but check in from time to time. Still making gun stuff, trying to get to a rotating assembly I bought from Cutter. Hope he's well!

Offline maccrazy2

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 01:05:19 AM »
Hello everyone. This is a test post to see if it will work.

Offline maccrazy2

Re: Break the silence
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 01:17:24 AM »
Hey it posted. I started 3 Gatlings a few years ago with the intention of them being long term projects. Made some good progress at the time and am getting ready to pull them off the shelf and start the next little bit of work before I have to put them back on the shelf again. I was having problems being able to post anything on the form on my phone or tablet after a change or update to the form at that time. I was reading but unable to reply and kind of drifted away from the site.
Not sure why but it is working again now. Happy to be able to interact here again.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:19:03 AM by maccrazy2 »

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 08:31:53 AM »
Bunch of new members but not many post...