Author Topic: D&E Plans Errors and Omissions  (Read 1097 times)

Offline SteveM

D&E Plans Errors and Omissions
« on: December 17, 2020, 01:09:17 PM »
I have been working on this project off and on for about 5 years now. As I am about 80% done I have begun assembling the parts I have made. First problem is that I can't find any plans or sources for the ring and pinion gears to drive the thing. Am I missing a page or is this typical? Next, I followed the plans for the main housing without also looking at the final assembly drawing. The result is either  I  bore the crank side of the guide and sleeve the oscillator side (as opposed to starting all over again) or I build a left -handed Gatling gun . Any insight into or your experiences with these issues would be appreciated.

Offline Roller

Re: D&E Plans Errors and Omissions
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 07:00:23 PM »
I would do as you suggest and rebore and sleeve the housing.  The gears you need are Boston H2010L and H2020L, 45 degree helical gears left hand.  Google Boston  H2010L and H202L and you will find several sources.  I got mine from Motion Industries.

Frank

Offline SteveM

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 01:02:06 PM »
Thanks Frank. Are there any more glaring mistakes/inconsistencies in the plans that you experienced in your build of this project?

Offline Roller

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 07:02:12 PM »
Extractor and firing pin design are the biggest issues.  The striking end of the firing pin is too large to impact the cartridge with enough force, also the projection length is too long per the plans.  The extractor as per the plans is way too thin and will fail when fired and needs to be beefed up.  I built my gun to plans and made changes to make it fire.

Frank

Offline Hittman

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 04:54:49 PM »
Are the dimensions off from the front of the bolt lug to the end of the extractor