Author Topic: Six Shooter  (Read 36739 times)

Offline Sparky_NY

Six Shooter
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2018, 09:35:30 PM »

First test fire , from 2011

Very nice !      I\'m curious if a 6 barrel gun has any differences than a 10 barrel, other than the barrel count of course.   Cam timing the same?   There are sure a lot less parts to make.   Is the firing rate about the same?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:37:02 PM by Sparky_NY »

Offline Cutter

Six Shooter
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »
Yes Sparky,

Except for Carrier and barrel Plates nothing else changes.

If the gun fires correctly , you can always crank faster

or change gearing.

If it doesn\'t fire is it really a gun ?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:25:11 PM by Cutter »

Offline Sparky_NY

Six Shooter
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2018, 01:47:02 PM »

If it doesn\'t fire is it really a gun ?

How very true !     I noticed recently that the D&E website has been redone at some point.   They now show a gun firing and more pics.   PROBLEM is that the gun shown is NOT built according to the plans.  Its got highly modified bolts and firing pins at the minimum which can be clearly seen but not a word mentioned.

Is a gun that fires and extracts 100% but jams sometimes on ejecting still a gun?      I\'m getting there  LOL           I read all 17 pages of a build you did last night and seen the phrase \"you only fail if you quit\"   I relate to that all too well.    I also seen where you, the king of gatlings, had similar bugs that you had to work out which made me feel much better.     All in all, its been a extremely good learning experience.  I have learned much machining skills, cadcam and more in the process.     \"Its only a hobby\", AND its only material..... make a part enough times and its bound to get better.

The next gat, the .410, should go much easier with what I have learned.   (barrels delivered yesterday)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:48:48 PM by Sparky_NY »

Offline Cutter

Six Shooter
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »

Sparky

\"Is a gun that fires and extracts 100% but jams sometimes on ejecting still a gun?\" 

Guns jam, guns misfire, ammo fails, shit happens, Yes it is !

Offline Sparky_NY

Six Shooter
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »

Sparky

\"Is a gun that fires and extracts 100% but jams sometimes on ejecting still a gun?\" 

Guns jam, guns misfire, ammo fails, shit happens, Yes it is !

Yes ago, bumper sticker I seen.....   \"Shit happens\"      still one of the best I have ever seen !      Because its so true!