Author Topic: Henry 22 US Survival Rifle  (Read 2483 times)

Henry 22 US Survival Rifle
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
HI, I have had this 22 rimfire AR-7 type of survival rifle for a while now and decided to round up some extra magazines for it. I got 3 factory 8 round mags and 3 after market 15 round mags for it and would you believe none of them feed right. I have been concentrating on just one of the 15 rounders now for some time and still can\'t get the feed lips right. :(
 I have got to the point where I have put some serious thought into this problem. I do have one magazine that works perfectly every time and I think that it can help me here.
 If I were to remove the spring and follower from it and carefully tape the holes and opening shut. I could pour some melted wax into it and then after it solidifies gently heat the outside of the mag to remove the wax piece that is formed to the proper shape. Then make a lost wax casting out of aluminum to use as a form from the inside of the mags to bend or hammer the correct shape into the feed lips.
 Sounds like it might work alright if the right amount of effort is put into it right? Or maybe I am just loosing it. Any feedback or advice is very welcome here.
bruski

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »
I was looking into getting one of these a while back. I came across a sight that had a lot of information on it. I recall it discussed magazine problems and also solutions. I\'ll see if I can find it, but the information is out there.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »
OK, Thanks!
bruski

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
I did a quick search and found a few sights talking about the AR7 but not the one I recalled I\'m afraid. I am tempted to get one still!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »
It\'s not a bad gun to have around because it functions good with the mags that come with it after all. The barrel is made from a plastic outer portion that surrounds the barrel liner in the middle making this gun the lightest rifle that I have ever seen.
 I have searched all over the Internet also for a fix on the magazine issue. Mostly they all mention the chamfer on the bottom of the barrel chamber area which is already done on mine. I might pickup some stiffer springs for the mags and try that because it seems the rear of the cartridge doesn\'t snap up fast enough to enter the chamber straighter. A very good investment would be a high speed camera to video tape the action working at high speed then watch it in slow motion.
bruski