Author Topic: RG-G compatible bolts for sale  (Read 525 times)

Offline Richard Morton

RG-G compatible bolts for sale
« on: March 29, 2022, 08:52:09 AM »
Fifty, one-piece bolts from 303 SS are for sale.  Based on Cutters' bolt and these would not have been possible without this help.  These are dimensionally RG-G ready and await the internal machining (firing pin hole, extractor slot, and details, and pivot hole for extractor and recess for firing pin. springs, extractor, firing pin, and hammer not included.  $65 each, bolt caps are $10 each.   

Fully completed bolts less spings, extractor, firing pin, and hammer.  $95 each.  Bolt caps are $10 each. Extractor spring $1.50 each, Hammer spring $1.50 each.  Limited quantity and no concrete plans to run more than this batch of fifty partial and fifty fully machined bolts.  Note on 6-24-2022 revised pricing.  Dimensions per drawing.  More info (630) 325-2022.  Two sets have been sold, so there is a little life left in the RGG gun builders world!

Now have extractors made from 1095 available. depending on the slot you may need to touch them up with a stone as the 1095 I had was at the high end of the tolerance range.  a minute or two is all that it takes on a fine stone.  Video of them in the bolts cycling rounds coming soon.  $2.50 each. These will fit Cutter's original one-piece bolts.

As of 3-25-2023 all complete bolts have sold or are spoken for.  I do have about 5 sets of the unfinished bolts sans the ejector slot and spring pocket, pivot hole, and firing pin hole.  These operations can be done on almost any mill with some careful setup and operation with the firing pin being the most challenging.  I do not intend to make any more.  If I get enough pre-orders I would consider completing the unfinished bolts I have, but the lead time will be a few months.

Updated pricing 3-1-2024
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 02:26:33 PM by Richard Morton »

Offline Richard Morton

Re: RG-G compatible bolts for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 04:20:04 PM »
Making some little wrenches to go along with the bolt caps.

Offline Richard Morton

Re: RG-G compatible bolts for sale
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 10:52:05 AM »
A few more images including a short video using one of Cutter's original blanks as a comparison.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/4aXDDABHtFoZwwjcA