Author Topic: Two full-size GGs project for sale!  (Read 1746 times)

Offline gatguy

Two full-size GGs project for sale!
« on: April 23, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »

I posted this a couple years ago, now, as time and health has caught up with me (pushing 80) I can no longer finish this project so I an offering it for sale, There is over $6000 and and a year of my life invested in it!  If you are capable of finishing  this project and are serious about it, you can contact me at dicksknives@aol.com.  If you struggled for a year building an RGG gun this project is not for you, but if your equipment and skills are up to it you could get over $50k for each gun.

The barrels are in .223 cal., much cheaper to shoot than larger cals. and are all contoured and finished and ready to chamber. Lots of castings and drawings including many of John Anderson\'s drawings and photos.

Serious inquiries please.

20 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

I\'m building 2 full size gatlings right now and I can say that the 1906 drawings are marginal at best, they were made before our current CadCam, etc. and all in fractions.  Wait til you try to make a cam using these drawings.  I even worked with John Anderson up until he died last year and I still have trouble, he made 67 full-size guns and they are used in Hollywood movies so I know they can be made.  You had better examine the costs involved before attempting this project, the cost of barrels, 6\" diameter brass rounds, and lots of smaller brass, there are no castings available now that John is gone, I have a few but their in the raw not machined yet.  The cradle is large and heavy, mine are aluminum castings which will be painted black like the originals. Setups on lathe and milling machines take lots of time and material, screws have to be made as there is nothing available off the shelf. You cant make these guns on home workshop equipment, things like the frame which is made of heavy steel bars 4 feet or so long, and they have to be cut, bent, and welded!   You will need to make the breech housing from brass tubing and OD and ID thread same to accept the cascabel plate, not a simple task. The front bow is not simple, I made mine on a rotary table but they should be CNC machined.  Your better off making the RGG gun instead, after you wade thru those drawings you\'ll have something you can shoot and tear up a stack of beer cans. I\'ve built 6 of them and they will work after a few \'adjustments\'!

Dick Campbell, Gatguy

Dick C. (gatguy)