Author Topic: Ordered a few things from Brownell\'s today.  (Read 1443 times)

Ordered a few things from Brownell\'s today.
« on: February 12, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »
A while back I bought a Stevens Visible loader, yeah, I know it is often called a \'miserable loader\' but my granny  got a lot of miles out of hers.

When dividing up the grandparents guns came around after they passed, I didn\'t get that one.  Oh well, luck of the draw,  lots of memories in that gun.

So anyway, I bought a Visible Loader sight unseen using a CRFFL  and it turned out to be less than advertised.  After a re-negotiation of price and a refund I put a liner in it.

Now what the heck does that have to do with Gatling guns ?  

Well, I knew I was going to build a Gatling and lining, chambering, and crowning is part of the process.

I have that Stevens almost ready, needs just a bit more chamber reaming and needs the excess liner cut off and a crowning.

So tonight, I ordered a roughing reamer, not sure the finisher I used for the Stevens is up to doing 10 more barrels with out assistance.  A .22 LR GO gage and a pre-ground bit for crowning.

Tonight, I\'d like a few tips on using a ground bit for crowning.  I figure I\'ll practice on that Stevens that is just waiting for me to get back to it.  I know it is screaming, shoot me, shoot me, I know you have ammo  :D

As far as the go gage, I\'m figuring I run the finisher in until I can put the rifle together and close over the go gage.  Should be easier now, I have a running lathe now. :)

Thanks,

Clutch

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
Ordered a few things from Brownell\'s today.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:27:23 PM »
Anything machining here! Im easy!!!! Good luck...