Author Topic: Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Drum Magazine  (Read 1939 times)

Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Drum Magazine
« on: March 31, 2010, 01:48:21 PM »
Looks like the drum mag has another design flaw.  :roll:
The falling bullets are hanging up at the rims on the extractor top corners. The extractors  Look like they need an angle to \'lead in\' the bullet rim.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »
How is a bullet sitting against the rear of the drum magazine with a 1/16 wall thickness(two yellow lines). Supposed to drop down into that brass groove if there is a bolt and extractor sticking out almost .250 in the way?
The 1/16 front wall thickness of the drum limits moving the bullet forward.

Another RG-G Drum Magazine conundrum.  :?:

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »
The fix for the Drum Magazine was pretty much as I thought, move the bullet feed \'drop\' in front of bolt as far as possible.

The little ramp you can see in the pic moves the bullet forward of the bolt extractor, also notice the Drum Magazine slot is now cut all the way through the front wall of the drum. The front wall of the Drum Magazine also was relieved with a 1/4 diameter round cutter at the same angle as the ramp.

This hollow point is a little shorter, but solid points are size for size in the opening. Yellow dots show where the inside of the drum is relieved. My feed wheel design revisions(in another thread) actually rotates the feed wheel under spring pressure from the constant velocity spring of the drum magazine. That\'s why the bullet has passed the slot(doesn\'t work upside down). In normal operation(right-side-up) the bullet would fall out the slot with gravity as it passes the slot.

So if I can remember to tighten down the door next time, I\'ll get a fully functioning Drum Magazine burst.  :roll:
About a half dozen hollow points and a half dozen solid points. Loose cover floppin\' around.

Offline Richard Morton

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:00:12 AM »

HI, 

I wonder if you\'re still around the forum?  I stumbled upon your posting \"Replying to Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Drum Magazine\".  it\'s an old post from 2010 and the linked pictures have disappeared.  I would be really interested to see them if you still have them and have the time to upload them (or email rick@rgmorton.com) them to me. 

Thanks 

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 08:40:05 AM »

HI, 

I wonder if you\'re still around the forum?  I stumbled upon your posting \"Replying to Care and Feeding of the RG-G - Drum Magazine\".  it\'s an old post from 2010 and the linked pictures have disappeared.  I would be really interested to see them if you still have them and have the time to upload them (or email rick@rgmorton.com) them to me. 

Thanks 

Nope! That guy freaked out, he changed his username and the shortly after he deleted all of the pics. They were hosted somewhere else and linked here so he just deleted the album. He had some nice stuff posted here too! If I remember right he thought the government was coming for him.

If I could remember that pricks name, I\'d change it back!!! He was supposed to email me the pics in return for me scrubbing his account.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 08:42:01 AM by Dave »