Author Topic: Time to get my feet wet.  (Read 8171 times)

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »
Looks great! I\'m still working on my box cam and breech casing! Did you blue the side rails? I blued my barrels but was thinking of parkerizing the side rails.

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
I parkerized the side rails, yoke and crank. The barrels are cold blued with liquid oxpho-blue. I need to make an ejector to mount under the magazine base yet before I can test fire the gun. I couldn\'t find any drawings of this piece in the blueprints anywhere.
 I have found that if the barrels are dipped in the oxpho-blue instead of rubbing it on, a nice even blueing will be the end result. A piece of 3/4 inch PVC pipe that is a couple of inches longer than the barrels with a cap glued on one end works great. Just hold the pvc pipe vertically in a vise and fill it about 2/3 full of oxpho-blue. Plug your barrels with wooden dowels on each end with one end longer for a handle to dip with.
bruski

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 09:03:56 PM »
I blued the barrels using drywall mud pans and did 3-4 at the same time. I used 3 pans, one with the blue, one with water and 1 with WD-40. I did the drive shaft in a PVC pipe. I just had a new PVC fence installed and the installers gave me several 4x4 post cut offs and end caps for my next bluing project. Also I was curious as to how long you have been working on your gun since it looks like you started your thread here in Jan this year?  
Bob

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 12:27:08 AM »
January is right when I started and have been putting in about 3 hours a day on it. My busy season starts up soon and I won\'t be able to work on it nearly as much until September or so. I purchased the 10 one piece bolts from cutter with the extractors and the magazine from cutter also. That saved me a lot of time there and I picked up the wagon wheels ready made except for the finishing of the wood on them.
bruski

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
Here is a 12 round test of my 6 barreled Gatling almost finished.
bruski

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 04:31:54 PM »
Congratulations Bruski !
Very cool to see Gats firing and close to finish.
I love this shit

Jerry

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 01:39:12 AM »
A late Congratulations to you!! Ra Ra Ra!!

It is super nice to one finished. As I\'m getting ready to start one shortly I see all of these started but not finished builds which scares me. So again it\'s nice to see aq finished one. Thanks

Later 42rocker

Offline bruski

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »

Test firing of my six shooter with about 15 rounds.

bruski

Offline 42rocker

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »

Way to go!!

Later 42rocker

Offline bruski

Time to get my feet wet.
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »

Here is a short video of the test firing.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:48:42 PM by bruski »