Author Topic: My RGG Build  (Read 6056 times)

My RGG Build
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
Here a some more current photos of my progress.  Finally got the front bearing support done and mounted.  Turned out nice.  I don\'t plan on welding it like the plans stated so I made a couple changes to the plans to allow me to secure the bearing support with 2 screws.  It is quite solid.

[attachment=3]FrameAssembly-7.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=0]FrameAssembly-4.jpg[/attachment]

I also have the cocking segment pretty much done along with the parts for the de-cocking swtich.  Just need to add the 3 locating pins to the brass de-cocking switch knob, but haven\'t been able to locate 3/32\" dowel pins locally, so I might have to make those myself.

My RGG Build
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »
I did my front bearing support in a similar way, except it will bolt from the top with socket head cap screws. I\'ll probably install locking Heli-Coils into the rails for it and the rear brackets because my rails are brass.

My RGG Build
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
yeah i did front support the same way but i made the cap screw screw in from the bottom of the rail so when your looking at it there is no flaws in the radius\'s, turned out nice

My RGG Build
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »
Finally have the barrels almost finished.  They are all cut to length, muzzles have been crowned, breech ends threaded and have the hex machined to the front.  Still need to engrave each one with a number, chamber ream them and cut the angled slot for the extractor.

I screwed each one into the barrel plate so I can mark the placement for the extractor.  Starting to look like something.  :)

My RGG Build
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Looking good man!

My RGG Build
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
Great job on your work and progress. It shouldn\'t be long now.bruski

My RGG Build
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
Thanks guys.  :)  Once the barrels are done I will get back working on the bolts.  Then I can start work on the breech casing and finish off the cam box.  Going to be a heavy little sucker when it\'s done.

My RGG Build
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »
Well I haven\'t posted any progress reports for quite awhile and that is mainly because I have done much more on my Gat build.

It seems that I caught a bit of a bug and haven\'t been able to work on the project.  Unfortunately this bug I caught is quite serious and results in the loss of sleep and makes it difficult to keep your mind focused on anything else.  There is no cure for this bug so I just need to let it run it\'s course.  It also can be quite draining to your finances.  No..... it\'s not marriage.  ;)

Some of you might be all too familiar with this bug already.  It\'s called the \"Belt-Fed Bug\" . LMAO   :lol:   :D   It is quite contagious, so be careful.  You build one and you imdediatley want to build another one.    You have been warned.   HEHEHE

I had the chance to buy a 1919a4 kit,...... so I did.  It is now done, but I found myself wanting to build another one,.......so I am.  This time it will be a C5A1.

I hope to get back to work on my Gat. in the summer or perhaps the fall.

My RGG Build
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 05:42:29 AM »
Be careful, belt-feds feds are like rabbits and tend to multiply. Before long you may even have a little one too.

My RGG Build
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 06:08:15 AM »
[quote name=\"50BMGBOB\"]Be careful, belt-feds feds are like rabbits and tend to multiply. Before long you may even have a little one too.
[/quote]

I am actually working on a little one also, but from scratch, not a kit.

My RGG Build
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »
Hi everyone.  It\'s been quite a while since I posted on my project but nothing much has changed as far as the gatling build.  I did get some more work done on the bolts but they are still incomplete.  I have been quite busy with work and other projects around the house in the last year.  So much so that I have decided that I had to make a tough decision.

I will not have the time to finish my gatling project, so I will be selling everything that I have done so far, along with all parts and materials I have purchased for it.  I am currently going through all the parts that I have and trying to compile a list of what I will be selling and pricing.  I have been in contact with Jerry (cutter), since we have become friends over the last year or so, and with his help I hopefully will be able to come up with some reasonable prices that will keep me happy yet produce some interest from all of you.  I have alot of hours of machine time into the items I have finished but that will not be the deciding factor when it comes to pricing the items.  The joy I got out of making the parts is worth more then money...... well almost more..... LOL    ;)  

I have already received quite a few emails from people that expressed interest in what I will be selling.  That is thanks to Jerry spreading the word.  :)  Thanks Jerry.    :D

I will am going to be taking plenty of pictures of all the items I will have for sale in the near future.  There are alot more parts then I remembered, so please bear with me.

Thanks  
Carl