Author Topic: Ejector issues  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Swarfmonger

Ejector issues
« on: August 17, 2020, 10:35:55 PM »
Hello all, I’m starting to do the fine tuning on my project and one of the first issues I’ve run into is it will not eject a full length round. The round hits the ejector and stops the rotation dead in its tracks. It seems to eject an empty just fine. In fact, it appears to do that with or without the ejector installed. Does anyone have any tricks to cure this?

Thanks!

Offline bruski

Ejector issues
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 10:47:22 PM »

You could move or trim the ejector up a little so the cam can pull the cartridge out further before hitting it. Why the unfired cartridge, are you getting light firing pin strikes?

bruski

Offline Swarfmonger

Ejector issues
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 11:40:05 PM »

You could move or trim the ejector up a little so the cam can pull the cartridge out further before hitting it. Why the unfired cartridge, are you getting light firing pin strikes?

bruski

I would like it to eject a full length cartridge not only so it will continue to run in the event of a light strike, I also consider it a safety issue since the gun can quickly be unloaded if a cease fire is called on a commercial range.

Offline JoeCB

Ejector issues
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 11:39:39 PM »

I have been working on the same issues, short term \"work around\" - I use 22 Longs when I can find them. 

Joe B