Author Topic: I don’t have room but I couldn’t pass it up.  (Read 1221 times)

Offline maccrazy2

I don’t have room but I couldn’t pass it up.
« on: April 23, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
I have been cursing the small import saw for the last year. I have been keeping an eye out for something better. This popped up one block from my house today. I got the saw and a roller table to hold the stock being cut for $350 delivered to my shop.

It’s a little bigger than I was really looking for but I am quite happy to have a saw with the hydraulic downfeed and a coolant system.

Offline maccrazy2

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
Didn’t get a photo of the stand

Offline Sparky_NY

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:38:48 PM »

You will love that saw.    I had one of the little import saws, 6x8 or something like that,  the same as the harbor freight one thats all over.    Several years ago I found a 7x10 import which is its bigger brother,  3/4 blade, what a huge difference !      Sawing is never a struggle anymore.

THEN...  earlier this year I picked up a doall 16 inch vertical bandsaw at auction for $180. Its a 6ft+ tall 1500lb beast.  It needed a little TLC but nothing major.   That saw has become one of my most used tools which I would have never guessed !     Along with large work, you can easily shorten 1/4-20 bolts on it and such things.    Cutting small pieces that are hard to hold in the horizontal saw is where it really shines.

Offline maccrazy2

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:56:45 AM »
I have a small 6by8 now. I got it all dialed in as best as I could. It cuts good most of the time but sometimes just takes off sideways and the next cut is straight? Also the blade has been jumping off more than it stays on lately. Seems due to the down pressure spring adjustment. Is has virtually no spring tension left so the saw weight is on the blade all the time. I was going to modify the mechanism but really I was hoping to trade up something better quality.