Author Topic: More equipment  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Sparky_NY

More equipment
« on: January 28, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »

I need supervision.    There was a huge auction locally last week, online only.    I went with a friend to the preview.    The place rebuilds machine tools and is moving.

I bought a Doall vertical bandsaw,  16inch, about 1200lbs for $180.    It needs a little luvin but nothing serious.

Also bought a tool and cutter grinder with a weldon air spindle for sharpening endmills.   Its 120V and not very big.    $50   The air spindle works great and has a full set of collets.  The grinder needs a good cleaning and oiling  but everything seems to function ok.

Bought a few little items too.

I post this here because I think this is a support group for people with similar issues.

Offline maccrazy2

More equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »
I’m jealous

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
More equipment
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:32:49 PM »

I need supervision.    There was a huge auction locally last week, online only.    I went with a friend to the preview.    The place rebuilds machine tools and is moving.

I bought a Doall vertical bandsaw,  16inch, about 1200lbs for $180.    It needs a little luvin but nothing serious.

Also bought a tool and cutter grinder with a weldon air spindle for sharpening endmills.   Its 120V and not very big.    $50   The air spindle works great and has a full set of collets.  The grinder needs a good cleaning and oiling  but everything seems to function ok.

Bought a few little items too.

I post this here because I think this is a support group for people with similar issues.

Pitchers! Cause without pics it didnt happen!

Offline Sparky_NY

More equipment
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 08:09:48 AM »

Pitchers! Cause without pics it didnt happen!

I have the table removed and other stuff cleaning it up and going through it.    Here is a vid of the same exact saw which gives a good idea of what a beast it is.    (even has a power feed mechanism)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Fn8UACcfE

Offline Cutter

More equipment
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 06:00:11 PM »
Yea Yea Yea

I got a picture of your joint

Offline Sparky_NY

More equipment
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »

Yea Yea Yea

I got a picture of your joint

Wow,  that was right after the floor was poured,  before the machine shop room was framed up.     Its come a long ways since then.    (about 2-3 years ago I would guess)

Building that pole barn aged me about 20 years   LOL