Author Topic: Any new builds  (Read 1939 times)

Offline DonLans

Any new builds
« on: August 30, 2015, 11:11:01 AM »

I\'m curious if anyone is working on any new Rg-g builds?

Don

Offline Stirlingking

Any new builds
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »

Hello Don, Desertrat (that\'s how it\'s supposed to be spelled) and I have been jointly working on 2 RG-G 

Gatlings for several months.  Desertrat hasn\'t posted because I have been doing the machine work, 

and I haven\'t posted because I have been too busy machining and I\'m not quite sure how to put my 

new member post in the proper place.  

Desertrat and I really think our ideas could help and encourage anyone building a Gatling.  I know I 

have gotten good ideas from the posts I have read and we want to give back to the Forum. 

When the Mohave Desert weather cools a little, I make a little bit more progress, and Desertrat brings 

his camera (I\'m not really a Luddite), the forum members can expect to see some interesting (I think)

images and ideas that come from our rabid and fevered minds. 

Maybe I shouldn\'t say this now, but with Units One and Two being works in progress, I am already gathering

Ideas for Units Three and Four, so be sure to stay tuned.

Sincerely, Ted

Offline steelmill2017man

Any new builds
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »

Hello to all. I\'m new and going to try and build a 2/3 scale gatling gun in 22lr. I have six barrels 1\'\' OD. 21\'\' long. Any suggestion on housing Diam. Does 6\'\' sound about right. Where can I get brass pipe this size? thanks.

Offline Cutter

Any new builds
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »
These .920  barrels mounted in a 5\" tube.

comparison 6\" to 5\"

Online metals will have what you decide on

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:03:16 PM by Cutter »

Offline Braxton

Any new builds
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »

I just started on my gatling gun project. I purchased the plans from Mr. Douglas Schneider several years ago for the Carriage and Tripod Gatling Guns. I later purchased his plans for the Brodadwell Feeding System. If anyone knows of any updates or problems I might encounter, please let me know. Thank you for any help.

John

Offline Sparky_NY

Any new builds
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »

I just started on my gatling gun project. I purchased the plans from Mr. Douglas Schneider several years ago for the Carriage and Tripod Gatling Guns. I later purchased his plans for the Brodadwell Feeding System. If anyone knows of any updates or problems I might encounter, please let me know. Thank you for any help.

John

There is a section here on the forum devoted to the D&E gun.    Many have had issues with functioning of the gun if built by the plans.   Several people have detailed \"fixes\" for the various problems with the design.    I have a D&E gun about 80% completed and plan on implementing several of the enhancements members here on the forum have detailed.

George

Offline octbarrel

Any new builds
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:28 PM »

Well I\'m about to start. I need to build some tooling first. I have a Bridgeport EZ Track milling machine, I plan to start with the carrier and will use cnc for most of the project. The first tooling on the project will be several pairs of soft jaws to bore the part diameters into.  It great to use a milling machine to turn your diameters and bore you bolt paths. There\'s no problems with a deep .420 diameter hole with a flat bottom. I will take photos and post them.  octbarrel

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:12:06 PM by octbarrel »

Offline Cutter

Any new builds
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
octbarrel,

That sounds like a great way to start

Good luck and thanks for participating

Jerry

Offline octbarrel

Any new builds
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
Hey Jerry,

I have a question, On the guns plans some of the materials are listed as CRS, as we both know, some steels are better than others for different parts. You make beauiful bolts, there not 1018 cold rolled, what are they?
octbarrel

Offline Cutter

Any new builds
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »

Bolts from 303 Stainless.

I don\'t use 1018 for anything

Thanks for the kudos Mr. barrel