Author Topic: Dove Hunters  (Read 880 times)

Offline bruski

Dove Hunters
« on: September 02, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »

The dove hunters have made it sound like world war three around here the past couple of mornings. They are always welcome to this area mainly because of all the money they spend around town. I met a lot of interesting people back then any where from retired FBI agents to Avocado farmers that would ask if they could hunt on dads property. I can remember the look in my dads eyes when he saw the box of giant Avocados this farmer brought him which automatically got him first pick of the hunting area. Dad was a sucker for Avocados, giant ones at that.  

I still have memories of the times about 40 years ago when I would be up all night with some friends getting ready for opening morning. We would get to our spot extra early only to wave off the gnats and mosquitoes for an hour or so before sun rise. Then off in the distance we could hear the first shots being fired. I remember wondering how anybody could possibly see the birds yet as the darkness was just turning into light. We all started thinking that we should have went over there instead of the spot that we were at. This happens all the time and every time until some one starts shouting out numbers like 10 o clock high or three at 2 o clock. Then we would get to prove if our special reloads were going to do what we bragged about the night before, funny.

I have noticed as time goes on (about 2 years) that you start to get these feelings about living things and start shooting at clay targets instead. There are Trap and Skeet shoots around here all the time with clubs that organize everything real nice.

Just thought that I would share a little piece of time and history in my life with you all.

bruski