Author Topic: D&E Gatling Gun Firing Pins  (Read 2350 times)

Offline MiniMc

D&E Gatling Gun Firing Pins
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »

Has anyone experienced the firing pins being too long?  Have checked all the dimensions and they are to print but they are too long to engage into the cocking ring.  I can take the firing pins out and the bolts will cycle freely.

Offline Timcor123

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »
Lots of stuff could be going on here.  I would check the depth of the pin as it sits in the bolt and adjust it by trimming the firing pin retainer.  Have you checked the cocking ring dimensions and position?

Offline MiniMc

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »

Yes, I have gone over all the dimensions.  Drew up all the stack up (in AutoCad) of cams, bolt carrier and bolt with firing pin in place and the pin is off by 0.188.  Corrected the length and it works now but the firing pin doesn\'t strike the cartridge with enough force to fire.  Not sure what to do now, stronger spring, firing pin shape???

Offline Roller

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »

Go through all the D&E posts on this forum, all these questions have been discussed before.

Frank

Offline Timcor123

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:41:45 PM »
My firing pins are rectangle .025 X .050.  I use .026 springs.  The rectangle pin shape requires a 4mm firing pin body and matching retainer to keep the pin aligned.  It is also very important that the pin strikes on the very edge of the rim.  This requires good alignment of bolt carrier, pan and barrels.

Frank is right, lots of posts here on this subject.  Good luck!

Tim

Offline Hittman

Re: D&E Gatling Gun Firing Pins
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 08:06:23 PM »
Frank i would sure like to talk to you about your build iam going to be starting