Author Topic: D&E Video  (Read 3376 times)

D&E Video
« on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »
Finally got some footage of the gun.  http://youtu.be/s742I9FbOoY

Frank

D&E Video
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
Very nice Roller.

D&E Video
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Roller, watch this video.  Notice how he must hold on firmly and how the bolt seems to drag and how it requires a lot of force to turn the handle.  This is only one bolt.  I fear that he is going to have all the firing problems that we have been discussing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeaU6vSFeOs

D&E Video
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:05:22 AM »
Congradulations Frank on the first posted video ever of a D&E gun actually firing.    After I was well into building my gun I  looked all over and could not find a single video or even accounts of a firing D&E gun.    

You have proven it can be done!      Nice work!

D&E Video
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »
Great job Roller, the fine craftsmanship in your working model looks great and it shows.
bruski

D&E Video
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »
FANTASTIC JOB! Thanks for the video. I started a D&E gun in \'94 and hadn\'t touches it in over ten years. You have inspired me to get back on it. Have you chronicled any modifications necessary to make it shoot? Congratulations! Mark.

D&E Video
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »
Roller, that is a very nice piece of work! Your gun is an inspiration to anyone looking to build the D&E model-- myself included!

I ordered the plans on CD the other day and since I own a wide format printer, I will be printing them off straight away!

I have a BP Mill with DRO, A 14 x 44 Leblond tool room lathe, 6\" Hori/Vert rotab with tail stock and indexing plates and a plethora of tools and bits to go with. Can not wait to get started!

-sc

D&E Video
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
Steelcrafter you have everything you need!  Have fun and start machining!!

Frank

D&E Video
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 09:55:10 PM »
I\'ve been working on mine the past few weeks. I\'ll post some picks shortly.