Author Topic: D&E wheel spokes  (Read 2785 times)

D&E wheel spokes
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »

Fellas,

I do have something I\'d be happy to contribute to anyone who might be interested. I am working

on the D&E gun and if you are doing the same you know how difficult the wheel spokes can be.

When I first started the project I swore to myself that I was not going to use any CNC equipment

for the build. Of course that was before I did the retrofit on the old Bridgeport. Now that I have it I

have used it to make the spokes. I\'d be happy to share the program, etc. with anyone who\'d be

interested in using it. I\'d also provide pictures of the setup, a cad/cam model in most any format

you\'d want, instructions and any other help I could offer. I don\'t know if the spokes are the same

for the RGG gun plans or not. The picture gives you an idea of what I did.

Jess

[attachment=9135:DSC_0439 - Copy-id=1094.JPG]

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:47:37 PM by Dave »

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
Jess, great job on the spokes, I am building a gun my self,and having problem whith the spokes, I do not have a cnc mill only the manual, that I canuse from work, but I will look for somen body that as one in my neck of the woods.
If you can help whith the progam and set up when I find a cnc. it will be great.
I thank you in advance,and have a Merry Christmas.

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »
Jess,

I would like to get a copy of your wheel spoke code if that is possible. Looks like it has made a really sleek spoke complete with the dish angle.

I would teek it if necessaey for the RGG guns and make it available.

nitewatchman

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »
Nitewatchman,
  Will do! I will PM you pics, code, tool list, and an explanation of what I did. Depending on your setup you will of course have to modify but at least I\'ll try to make clear what I did. I\'ll try to get it to you over the next few days.

Jess

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 03:11:41 AM »
Outstanding!

gary

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »
Jess, Thank you again, and I am looking foward to recieved your info.
Happy New Year to you and every body out there.
Pecos

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
Fellas,
  I now realize that I can\'t seem to put all the information on this site necessary to make the spokes. However, I can email it to you if you will provide me an email address I can send it to. I\'ve done that with another member here and it seems to work ok. Let me know.

Thanks, Jess

D&E wheel spokes
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
Jess, my e-mail is   fmlcanas@roadrunner.com  if you can send the info needed for the spokes, I will be happy,and thank you a lot .
Thanks again Pecos.