Author Topic: Test Stand with Torque Gauge Attached  (Read 1939 times)

Test Stand with Torque Gauge Attached
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

Here is a picture of the test stand with the torque gauge attached. There is only one bolt in place. It has the firing pin cut short. The spring is .026 x 2 inch. The torque is measured by turning the gauge frame until the spring is release. This one bolt measures 5.8 inch pounds.

[attachment=9138:2012-02-26 21-14-02.934-id=817.jpg]

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:54:59 PM by Dave »

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
Wow Steve you would make Dr. Gatling proud!!!!  Nice work, you really are putting a lot of effort in this.  Looking at your photo I can picture a small dc motor in place of the tourqueometer LOL.

Frank

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »
When I first discovered the problem with firing I removed the firing pins, made an adapter for the drive shaft and tried to polish the bolts using a cordless drill.  I put grinding compound on the bolts and rotated the bolt carrier.  The drill was in line with the frame.  The bolts fit very nice.  But it did not work because this was not the problem.
This is when I learned the formula ggun plus motor divided by speed EQUALS ten years in jail PLUS two hundred fifty thousand dollars fine.
I polish by hand now.  Who knows who is reviewing this site?

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Well said Steve!

Some things are best not to even joke about. This is potentially serious point that could effect all of us. To date the stance taken by the regulators is very favorable to the hobby.

Gary

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »
[quote name=\"Steve McKuhen\"]When I first discovered the problem with firing I removed the firing pins, made an adapter for the drive shaft and tried to polish the bolts using a cordless drill.  I put grinding compound on the bolts and rotated the bolt carrier.  The drill was in line with the frame.  The bolts fit very nice.  But it did not work because this was not the problem.
This is when I learned the formula ggun plus motor divided by speed EQUALS ten years in jail PLUS two hundred fifty thousand dollars fine.
I polish by hand now.  Who knows who is reviewing this site?[/quote]

Im sure big brother is watching over us, and I really dont care if you talk about it. But you better have your tax stamps in order when they come looking for it!