Author Topic: Fess up  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Cutter

Fess up
« on: August 11, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
Time to fess up

What’s the longest running project you

have going, and how long ?

Offline Cutter

Fess up
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 07:09:09 PM »
Here’s mine,

I started this about 10 years ago with my grandson.

Grandson lost interest when his hormones kick in, and

well you guys know the rest of that story.

Still unfinished, but some day ?

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
Fess up
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »

My RGG Gat! Lmao! Bought plans and started in 2001

Offline Cutter

Fess up
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 07:55:09 PM »

17 years , You got me beat Dave

Offline Sparky_NY

Fess up
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 10:05:39 PM »

Dang D&E gat, later mated with the RGG design for a hybrid version.      Started back when I got my first bridgeport,  a friend had the plans and never attempted to build it, he gave them to me for a first project on that bridgeport.

Then, I decided to get into cnc.... built a stepper x/y table to mount on the bridgeport, later converted the machine itself to cnc.       THEN....  a friend with a machine shop gave me a smoking deal on a V2Xt bridgeport with servos,  so I changed machines.

THEN......    I sold all my machines,  moved south but kept all the tooling and such.     Built a 32x50 pole barn for a shop,  a room in that barn for a machine shop.  Retired about 2 years ago.  Got more machines and FINALLY returned to the gat project.   Finished it up this year and fired it a bunch.    Now onto the 357 gat project.

So....  3 bridgeports,  900 miles, put up a building, finish the gat somewhere around 7 years after I started it.          Had fun though through out it all however.  

Offline bruski

Fess up
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »

Back in the 1980\'s I purchased plans for the Bartlett Flying Saucer hovercraft that is still going through design changes. Probably has to do with me gaining a few pounds along the way, but I blame it on lack of horse power so the latest engine which is half the weight of a Briggs and Stratton 6 horse is a West Bend 820 two stroke from the vintage go kart era. This engine is rated for 12 to 15 horse power and it kicks up the dust for sure. Now I am focused on the skirting material that goes around the craft. I have to wait until a good rain to do any testing because the dirt doesn\'t taste as good as it used to when I was younger.

bruski

Offline Cutter

Fess up
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 08:25:32 PM »

Time to get up and get started Dave

Your turning into a chair

Offline maccrazy2

Fess up
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 11:25:42 PM »
That would be my frame off build on my 70 chevelle SS. It was my first car. I have owned it 27 years. I tore it down 19 years ago. Got the power train built and the frame powder coated. About 2 years into the rebuild, I had a rollover accident dragracing. Screwed up my back and had to shelf it for a while.

Started a business and then a family. I’m really wanting to finish it up but it will be a while. I have started trimming down all the unnecessary/unused toys and that should fund most of the project.

Offline bruski

Fess up
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »

Cutter,

I like that chair in your picture. It is funny, where on earth did you ever find that chair?

maccrazy2,

What kind of toys are you planning to get rid of,anything unusual?

bruski

Offline Cutter

Fess up
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »

Posted Today, 09:03 AM

Cutter,

\" I like that chair in your picture. It is funny, where on earth did you ever find that chair? \"

Bruski,

I got it from another group.

Here’s a .STL file , if you want to print it, or ?