Author Topic: Ejectors availability  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Larryx

Ejectors availability
« on: June 03, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »

I just received my set of ejector sets  (each set includes hammer spring, Ruger style ejector and ejector return spring and shaft) from gbull  and I am VERY impressed with the items. {and price)

I was made aware of the possible availability of these sets by Cutter, contacted gbull and received my gun\'s worth sets very quickly. Being new to machining I was not eager to start the fabrication of the ejectors. I was aware of the success rate of ruger style ejector but was not aware that there was a source of these sets.

I will admit when I saw the quality of the EDM cut ejector I was amazed. I do believe I saved about 6 months of aggravation, tears, and mucho material by buying these items from gbull. 

Offline bruski

Ejectors availability
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:05:41 AM »

You must mean Extractors not ejectors right?

bruski

Offline Larryx

Ejectors availability
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 06:08:31 AM »

You are exactly right. It is the little thingy that kicks the empty/fired  shell casing (we hope) out of the cartridge carrier or carrier block and ultimately the gun. Sorry for my ignorance. I\'m fairly new at this. (I know, that is no no excuse)

Offline bruski

Ejectors availability
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »

The extractors actually pull the empties or misfires out of the chambers. There is a single blade like piece that is mounted to the cover that actually does the kicking out of the empties if they need help falling out away from the bolts.

bruski

Offline bruski

Ejectors availability
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 01:18:50 PM »

There is only one of these pieces on the gatling gun.

Offline Larryx

Ejectors availability
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »

Thank you for the comments.

Eventually I will learn all of the names etc.

I actually knew the difference between the extractor and the ejectors. I obviously forgot the difference when I wrote the post.  I was so impressed with the EXTRACTORS  that I wanted to get the word out as quickly as possible. My brain pulled the wrong word to direct my fingers so my error occurred.. 

On a different topic. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get a very pretty hinged  trunnion cover?  I am thinking of trying to use my DRO (Sino) smooth R program but if there is an easier or better method I would like to hear it.