Author Topic: Some known Rgg drawing errors  (Read 7174 times)

Dave

Some known Rgg drawing errors
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Here is a list of Rgg gun drawing errors

Desc. 48-05. \"Face ends of spacer tube square and to length as shown on drawing\". ADD: 9 1/4\"

Desc. 48-09 & 09A, ignore the comment about \"two different length side brackets\". They are the same length.

Desc. 48-30. Part number for best fit woodruff key cutter: Rutland 7299-2025

Dwg 48-01. Add note for drilling .420\" flat bottomed holes: Take rake off drill bit. Center drill and rough with stub length drill.

Dwg 48-02. Rear barrel plate, The .125\" deep x 25 degree cutouts and the pins are *only* needed for the drum magazine, not necessary if you are only building the stick magazine.

Dwg 48-04. Rifle barrel assembly. Add note: Leave liner ½\" long on each end. Tin the liner on the lathe at low speed, sand 1 ½\" each end.

Dwg 48-09. Centerline shown in left side view is wrong. The long arm of the left side rail needs to be *above* the centerline.

Dwg 48-09 & 09A, rear view. The reamed .250\" hole, .015\" oversize, can go to .375\" for easier assembly.

Dwg 48-13. Cocking switch knob, .250\" thru hole does not need to be reamed.

Dwg 48-20. Recoil pin, the .156\" dimension should be .100\"

Dwg 48-21. Note B , the .093\" hole is the one inside the extractor slot.

Dwg 48-30. Extractor, detail E, add note: Install in magazine to drill hole in correct place.

Dwg 5200. Add note: The base plate bolts to the elevating plate, so the 4 holes in the square pattern need to line up. The holes in the base plate are shown 45 degrees out of true position

Dwg 5300. Part C, the ½\" -32 thread is not correct, it should be 5/8\" - 32.

Loctite 609 is a very good bonding agent for installing 5/16\" dia. liners in any kind of 22 RF barrel.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
Is the gun pivot(s) drawn out anywhere? The bits that screw into the sides of the frame assembly.  Near as I can tell it\'s about 1\" of 1/2\" rod with a thread on the end, but as I had to tap the frame oversize due to crappy drill chuck runout, I was looking for it to make a matching note on the plans, but couldn\'t find it.

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
I did see it anywhere, I did about the same....

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:44:34 AM »
I believe I found a typo error in my Description manual.

Under Desc. 48-01  Item 3) Dowel Pin -3/16\" DIA. x 1\" LG        Qty 10

You actually only need 1 of these dowel pins for the carrier block and not 10.  Not sure if this was in anyone elses manual?

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
[quote name=\"shred\"]Is the gun pivot(s) drawn out anywhere? The bits that screw into the sides of the frame assembly.  Near as I can tell it\'s about 1\" of 1/2\" rod with a thread on the end, but as I had to tap the frame oversize due to crappy drill chuck runout, I was looking for it to make a matching note on the plans, but couldn\'t find it.[/quote]

I didn\'t see them anywhere either. I turned them with a small shoulder to keep the frame centered in the yoke.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »
Another minor error in the listing of materials. The page that covers Desc 48-09 & 9A list the following

Item Brass Side Rails - 2 reqd

2) Brass Flatstock - 3/8\" X 3/4\" X 5\" long  Quan (2)

should be according to drawing 48-09 and 48-09A

2) Brass Flatstock - 3/8\" X 1 3/8\" X 4 1/2\" Long  Quan (2)

Later 42rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
Another minor thing on the plans, minor unless you are trying to figure out how a few things work.

Drawing 48-00 Sheet 2 of 3 -- Step #2 -- drawing states \"Top view\", well it\'s really the \"Top view of the center line cross cut\".

The wording only makes a difference if you are trying to figure out why the path that the bolt button follows is in the forward position when you are looking at the Step #2 part of the drawing. Well if you note that this is really the bottom part of the \"center line cross cut\" then that path works. If you are just thinking that it\'s a top view then things don\'t really work out well.

Also follows on Step #3 same thing - except that it\'s -- \"Left hand view of a vertical center cut\". That\'s in the rear only, front is just a Left hand view.  

Drawing 48-00 Sheet 3 of 3 -- Step #5 -- It should be Left side view in the front and left side view of a vertical cross cut in the rear.

Same  Step #6 It should be Left side view in the front and left side view of a vertical cross cut in the rear.

Minor stuff but these wording changes could help others to understand things quicker. Again Minor stuff, but.

Later 42rocker

Offline dburn

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 08:43:03 AM »
When threading the caps on the Bolt. thread them with a Left thread and that way they will always stay tight.

Offline Swarfmonger

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 09:24:46 PM »
I just discovered another one that could be added to the list. In drawing 5200, if the yoke assembly is built to print, the plain brass nuts that hold the hinge pins in place will hit the guns side rails unless they are either narrowed considerably or eliminated.

Offline dsdiprima

Re: Some known Rgg drawing errors
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 04:06:49 PM »
Hello,
I am in the process of finishing a drum magazine for my RGG.  I purchased the spring that is required but when I installed it according to print 48-26, there is no way this spring can move or work as intended.  The spring did not move at all. It is supposed to allow the feed arm to move toward the load position and the constant force spring is supposed to move the cartridges forward for loading into the Carrier Block. What am I doing wrong?