Author Topic: New member: Intro  (Read 930 times)

Offline cmsilvoy

New member: Intro
« on: August 12, 2020, 08:07:14 PM »

Hello guys.

My name is Chris and I\'m a Dentist in NC.

I\'ve been working with CNC routing and milling since about 1996 working primarily with carbon fiber and aluminum.

I have two 5 axis milling machines in my office and make all of my own prosthetics.

I\'ve always been fascinated with automatic machines (ball bearing machines, folding machines, sorting and packing, etc.) and recently became interested in the RG-G.

Well, buddy of mine from Arizona said he bought the plans about 10 years ago and made some parts but shelved it.

I asked him to bring me those and let me look over them.

What I am looking to do with the RG-G is utilize the materials and processes that I use everyday to build a functioning gun.

I am not exactly worried about authenticity, but rather accuracy and durability.

I\'m going to be using a combination of 3D printing (metal) and milling to produce some parts, which will be exciting for me.

I\'ll be using this opportunity to get some practice drawing in both Fusion 360 and Rhino.

I know that I have a lot of work to do, but this week marks the beginning of what I hope will be an exciting journey.

Thanks to Dave for getting me registered.  And, can someone post or private message me about how to get access to all of the forums?

All the best,

Chris

Offline bruski

New member: Intro
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »

Welcome to the forum and most importantly have fun with your builds.

bruski

I sent you a message.