Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1491 times)

Offline octbarrel

« on: October 10, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

Let me introduce myself, I’ m octbarrel. I’ve been a R&D machinist or a toolmaker for 45 years. I’m currently working for Aerojet Rocketdyne as a toolmaker. The division I work for builds small rocket motors that reposition spacecraft. One of the projects I’m working in Orion, the replacement for the retired Space Shuttle. I graduated from Trinidad State College with a degree in gunsmithing. I’m a Professional member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild, and from time to time teach at Trinidad State for the NRA’s summer gunsmithing classes.

I’ve had a copy of RG-G Gatling plans since 1995 but haven’t Time to build the project. I’m one of a group, each building a gun. I’m glad I found this forum because you are the ones who built the foundation for this project.

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum!!! Looking forward to gun pics :)

Offline DonLans

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »

Welcome on board.  Looking forward to seeing the progress on all new builds.  We all like progress reports, so don\'t hesitate to put anything that may be of interest.

Offline octbarrel

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »

Glad to be here, it should be fun. I\'ll be glad to post photos as we progress. There\'s a change or two in the plans that i\'m going to make.

Offline Dave

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »

Glad to be here, it should be fun. I\'ll be glad to post photos as we progress. There\'s a change or two in the plans that i\'m going to make.

Look thru Cutters posts! Very interesting changes!!! Cutter (Jerry) will answer any questions you may have too

Offline Cutter

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »
octbarrel,
How many in the group ?

Hope we get them all posting

Offline octbarrel

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »

There are 3 of us, building 5 guns. So I decided to build tooling and write programs for the CNC machines.  Two of the members are retired and myself. We have some great machinery for the project and two shops. This is something I wanted to do for years.

I\'ve told them about it, and I know one has joinned. I\'ll let them decide to join the conversation.

Hey cutter, lets have a live chat. Lets wait a week or two to give the message a change to be read by others. I\'m on the west coast. Sometime where people on both coasts can join in.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:25:01 PM by octbarrel »