5 replies to this topic

#1 Agodwin01

Agodwin01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi I am new to the forum. I would like to eventually build a large bore Gatling. I saw parts of what I think was a poor condition 1 inch gatling at a civil war show several years ago (could have been a hotchkiss) and I cant get it out of my mind. I am thinking about a 12 gauge (with BATF approval on a form 1) with counterbored barrels to get the 1 inch look. Or I could do a 50-70 with counterbored barrels. I am a long way from starting as I am without machine tools right now but they are coming in the near future.. I know this sounds ambitious so it may turn into an RG-G 22cal but you have to dream big. Lol
  • Cutter likes this

#2 Sparky_NY

Sparky_NY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationAnderson, SC

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

Welcome, its good to see new interest.     I would recommend a 22 gat for starters.   It will give you a change to get familiar with all the parts and how they function.   Also, its LOTS cheaper !

• Cutter likes this

#3 Dave

Dave

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 786 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

Welcome to the forum! Good advice above, Id suggest something in 5 or 6 barrels because making 10 of everything sucks! It burned me out!

#4 Agodwin01

Agodwin01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

I think I'll try a 6 barrel version in .22 that way if I make 10 of everything I'll have 6 good ones for the build. Lol

#5 Cutter

Cutter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

I think I'll try a 6 barrel version in .22 that way if I make 10 of everything I'll have 6 good ones for the build. Lol

Good choice , The fun level is the same
Good luck

Attached Files

• Roller likes this

#6 bruski

bruski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationARIZONA

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:40 AM

Glad to have you aboard, we are always looking for good new advice from members.

bruski

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users