26 replies to this topic

#21 berny64

berny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

ok , back to the build , I was working on the rear barrel plates when I screwed up and grabbed the wrong tap on the second plate :o , irritation and frustration and punishment soon follows :roll: this plate was to replace the one my buddy made that he had an issue with for what ever reason . OK , the punishment was designed to keep me busy while I dealt with a family emergency and kept me from making anything to tolerance for the immediate future under the stress I was dealing with so keep that in mind , lol

#22 berny64

berny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

OK , it's not a total pooch screw , the pre drill for both threads is same size so I have 100% thread integrity so the part is technically good but the different thread count means 1 special threaded barrel to match my mistake and I'm not cool with that , so for punishment for not looking at my tap before I used it I'm gonna carve my new part out of an oversize slug to keep me busy until I head home to see family

#23 42rocker

42rocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFla

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Stuff do happen. Make it the way that you want it as you will always remember the opp's. Good Luck.

Later 42rocker

#24 berny64

berny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

ok , got a chance to finish up the extra rear barrel plate today and the lathe work didn't take near as long to do as I thought it would , lol

#25 berny64

berny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

all the holes are tapped the proper size , and the parts complete . so on to the final part I'm using this fixture for , the carrier block

#26 berny64

berny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Time to get back to the build , I've been dealing with losing my father to cancer so I needed to take a break from my projects and take care of family . I have to admit it's nice to get back into the shop , so its time to catch up the work I've done .

#27 berny64

berny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

I was stressing over this part of this part but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users