Dennis & Brian's Build
Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:17 PM
We got our barrel liners from Brownells and they measured .3095 so we are good to go there. May Loctite 609 them in tomorrow. We hope by next week we can put the whole bolt/barrel assembly together. Then on the cams and cocking ring.
I was so busy turning the hex I didn't get any pictures of Brian threading the hammers. I know he did part of it in the mill and then used a bottom tap to finish them by hand.
Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:03 PM
Today, we did get the liners Loctite into the tubes, so I guess there are now barrels, and I put the bolts together.
Then we started on the DRO. The z scale is 80” and had to be cut down. We cut it on the radial arm saw and laid out a .5 x 3” piece of aluminum to mount it on. Brian is going to tap and drill the mounting holes and holes for the grub screws tonight so we can mount it tomorrow. I know this isn’t GG stuff but I thought someone might enjoy the pictures.
Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:40 AM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:55 AM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:54 AM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:20 AM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:30 AM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:38 AM
Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:44 PM
After a failed attempt at running a broach through the now Loctite hex sleeve in the bolt carriers we spent Friday morning boring the sleeves out of the bolt carriers and barrel rings. We ordered oversized sleeves which we will turn on a mandrel to insure the hex in concentric with the od. We will then redo the sleeves. You can see the very thin piece of the hex sleeve after boring. We were able to clean the bore of the Loctite with any damage to the bore. We have decided that the little extra piece of hex sleeve in the bolt carrier will not be Loctited in but just used as a spacer. In hind site, we wish we would have made the main shaft 5/8 and used a keyway rather than the sleeves.
Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:56 PM
Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:16 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users