Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:29 PM
So far I've really struggled with the recoil pins. I've broken 5 end mills and ruined a slitting saw. I'm using a keyway cutter now, and I just discovered that this entire time my vise had a lot of slop in it, causing a lot of deflection which ruined several parts. After I fixed the vise, I think it's going to go smooth.
Back to my original post, we are going to start making the extractors next. How did you guys make those? I bought keystock instead of flat bar, but I'm wondering if the flat bar is a better way to go. Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:37 PM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:58 PM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:26 PM
Here's a picture after the first operation, which was laying flat in a vise.
Also a picture after the second operation standing on edge with special cut Aluminum jaws.
There's a .010 thk. tab on the front radius.
After that I break them out and deburr them.
The tang is a stop.
EXT-002S-id=874.JPG 45.08KB 4 downloads
Stop-003S-id=873.JPG 20.07KB 4 downloads
Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:58 PM
Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:55 PM
I've used the Ruger method of attaching the extractors,
very simple and works great
MVC-005F-id=1124.JPG 67.77KB 5 downloads
MVC-004F-id=1125.JPG 78.56KB 0 downloads
MVC-006F-id=1123.JPG 68.03KB 3 downloads
MVC-001F-id=1122.JPG 77.71KB 0 downloads
- rayhawk likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users